Friday, June 03, 2005

Children of the Sun by Billy Thorpe

Because I'm a space cadet "and all that implies":
(50 Hoe points to the first person to name the movie where I got 'and all it implies.')

People of the earth can you hear me
Came a voice from the sky that magical night
And in the colors of a thousand sunsets
They traveled to the world on a silvery light

The people of the earth stood waiting
Watching as the ships came one by one
Setting fire to the sky as they landed
Carrying to the world children of the sun, children of the sun

All at once came a sound from the inside
Then a beam made of light hit the ground
Everyone felt the sound of their heartbeat
Every man, every woman, every child

They passed the limits of imagination
Through the door to the world of another time
And on the journey of a thousand lifetimes
With the children of the sun, they started their climb

Children of the sun, children of the sun

No more gravity, nothing holding them down
Floating endlessly, as their ship leaves the ground
Through the walls of time, at the speed of light
Fly the crystal ships on their celestial flight, on their celestial flight

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae Ann said...

Sort of but in the wrong direction. I'm afraid if I give too many hints it might be too easy. The movie didn't have anything to do with peace pipes or space cadets.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hedwig & the Angry Inch?

3:45 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Uh, no. Actually, I think I'm being WAY too hard here. I looked up the movie on imdb and my phrase wasn't even included on its 'memorable quotes' page. So, I'll tell the characters' names, and then maybe someone will know it from that.

'Bud' and 'Pam'

5:49 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Urban Cowboy

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home